Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A baby who is larger than the universe

A short time ago, our associate pastor, Stephen Cheung gave a sermon on 1 John 4:1-6 (number 9 on the list) in which he talked about the amazing understanding that God became flesh and dwelt among us. One thought spoke deeply to me when he expounded on the idea that in that manger scene we had the ultimate melding of sacred and secular. Now everything we do is no longer one or the other, but in Christ everything we do, say, think, feel is sacred. Everything we do is out of faith in Jesus Christ whether that's eating and drinking or whatever I do either in words or actions.

When I heard him say that I immediately thought of a video I saw recently. Do this with me in preparation for Christmas...
  1. Watch the video here when you get a few minutes.
  2. Think about this Scripture.
  3. Then, finally, ponder and treasure this unbelievable thought as Mary must have done every time she felt her baby kick .

1 comment:

eileen mom nana said...

one of the things I love about the internet is our ability to see, really see how amazing our God is.. hope everyone takes the time to watch this one!