But...she's not perfect. There was one time near Christmas when she gave me something that she never should have. Addicting isn't quite the word. I have never, ever served this stuff or given it away without someone clutching at me, demanding the recipe. It really is one of the best things you can serve a crowd. It is also our favorite teacher gift because we only give them a little. After they taste it and beg for the recipe, we trade it for a few points on the final.
No, we don't...but not a bad idea...
Here you go...don't ever make it when you are alone...or at least be smart enough to just go ahead and start a second batch!
4 cups Bite sized Tostitos
3 cups Crispix cereal
1 bag popped microwave popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
Mix chips, cereal and popcorn in a large baking dish or foil pan. Mix rest of ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil over med-low heat. Drizzle over dry ingredients, stirring often. Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring every 20 minutes. Pour onto foil to cool. Break up as it cools.
- Yes. I know those ingredients are odd. You will not believe how good this is!
- We usually snap the chips in half before stirring them in.
- We never use popcorn because we LOVE the chips, so I just usually do those and cereal.
- You can use corn chex or whatever instead of Crispix.
- It is really not spicy with that much cayenne. We usually up it to at least 3/4 tsp when we make it for others and up it to 1 tsp for our family.