Tuesday, January 6, 2009

If you're in the area

I wanted to give you all a heads up about what studies I'm thinking about teaching this Spring.

Kick off for the Spring Bible study at TBC begins this Thursday morning at 9am. We'll meet in the chapel and then break into our groups which will be in the same classroom as last year (Rm. 213, I think). If you didn't join us last semester, it's okay. We begin a brand new book this week that will cover more women of the Bible. We'd love to have you join us if you can in the mornings.

For those that can't make the Thursday morning time, I'm going to be starting a study on Tuesday nights beginning Jan. 20 from 7-9pm. I hope to have us meet for 7 weeks and then see what everyone's schedule looks like to begin another study right after. (Since I'll have Cassie graduating, I have no idea what the late Spring will look like!) My husband has graciously allowed me to have this at our house if we need to, but if you can host it let me know. I can flex on the time if we have it somewhere else, but 7-9pm works best for Wayne and the girls here.

For this study, we'll work through Piper's book When I Don't Desire God. It's a straightforward look at what we all wish weren't true...we don't desire God like we know we should. We don't pray. We don't read His Word. And worst of all, we go day after day with only a vague understanding of why we don't. This book is hard hitting, but oh, so practical. We'll watch a short video each week and then cover the discussion questions. The book is available for order from Desiring God ($8.96) and Amazon ($11.19), as well as Lifeway.

Please let me know if you're planning to do either option. It would help me to make plans for setting up each study. Well, that's it! I'm excited to get started and am working hard on your homework (keep the groaning down, please). Love you all...Kim

No comments: